You may have come across this that though you are logged into your profile through Extension mobility but when you try to access your “Personal Directory” you will be prompted for a userid and pin. Unfortunately, this is by design and cannot be changed. There is a workaround to escape entering userid and pin which I found after getting several requests from customers. If you are among one of those who is annoyed with this then following is the procedure to get rid of it. You will need Admin rights on Call manager to make these changes.
- Create a new phone service for Personal directory named PAB
- Use this URL http://server-name-or-ipaddr:8080/ccmpd/login.do?name=#DEVICENAME#&service=pab
- Add the Parameters “name” “pin” and “userid” with no default value (Case sensitive)
- Now go to the phone and Subscribe to “PAB”
- In the name field enter Phone MAC address with SEP like SEPAABBCCDD9876
- In the pin field enter user pin
- In the user id enter user id of that user
- Click Subscribe and save
- Reset the phone
This will now add a new service called “PAB” under services so you can go in Service and select “PAB” to go directly into Personal directory and the system will not ask you userid and pin.
You may also add this service to a button on the phone. Just add a Service URL type on your phone from “button template” and then you can access PD from that button.
You may also ask users to subscribe to this service by logging into CCMUSER and then adding this service from Device > Services.
The same procedure applies for FASTDIALS except the following changes:
- Name the new Service FastDials
- The URL is http://server-name-or-ipaddr:8080/ccmpd/login.do?name=#DEVICENAME#&service=fd
- Add only “pin” and “userid” in Parameters
- Subscriber Phone or user to this service
Here are screenshots from my Communicator as how this service will appear: